Wit & Whimsy: Annual Holiday Gift Show / Calls & Submissions
October 1, 2019
Organization Name: Confluence Gallery and Art Center
Organization Location: Twisp, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
We invite you to contribute to our exhibit WIT & WHIMSY at Confluence Gallery in Twisp, WA.
The show will open November 23, 2019 and run through January 4, 2020.
In this show, Wit and Whimsy, we encourage the artists to express themselves with humor. Everything from the unexpected surprise hiding in plain sight to the darkly comic will be welcomed here. Be it eccentric, quirky, fun or funny, fantastical, whimsical or irreverent and incongruous, we invite the artist to delight us.
Number of pieces to submit: Up to 5
EACH PIECE MUST BE…
Your own original work.
Available for sale.
Created in the last 3 years.
Never previously been shown in the Methow Valley area.
2-D or 3-D works accepted
The Exhibit Curator has the right to refuse work, even after work is delivered to the gallery, if it does not contribute to the direction, cohesiveness, available space of the show, or does not follow the parameters set forth above. We are looking for high quality execution and thoughtful content that contribute to the vision of the show as stated above.
– Intent to Submit: October 1, 2019 Intent to Submit Form [PDF] Send JPEGs titled “lastname_title_medium_size” by September 12, 2019 (email to gallery program manager firstname.lastname@example.org).
– Accepted work: Email high quality JPEGS (300dpi) of accepted work or work in progress along with Artist Statement and Bio(word doc preferred, pdf OK), Inventory Sheet, and Confluence Gallery Contract by November 1, 2019.
– All works must be at the Confluence on November 16, 2019
– Show Opening: November 23, 5pm – 7pm. All artists are encouraged to attend.
– Show Closes: January 4, 2020. Work will be available for pick up after 3pm.
Confluence Gallery and Art Center is a non-profit gallery. All shipping arrangements and costs to and from the gallery of unsold works are each artist’s responsibility. See Confluence Gallery Shipping Procedures Form [PDF] for details.
For any questions about the show or the requirements, email Kaileah Akker (email@example.com) or call Executive Director Sarah Jo Lightner at the Confluence Gallery (509) 997-2787. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Confluence Gallery offers commission structure of 60/40 to Okanogan County non-members and 65/35 to Okanogan County member artists and 50/50 for artists living outside of Okanogan County.
FAQ:More about our Confluence Submission Guidelines
We look forward to hearing from you!
Gale Tucker, Exhibit Curator
Calls And Submissions