Join our contemporary art gallery in the Pioneer Square District of Seattle (The Square) as an intern and be part of a new business model that fosters collaboration between artists and galleries while expanding audience and patron engagement, targeting the next generation of potential art lovers. Learn the ins and outs of starting a cultural business while participating in monthly events showcasing the importance of artistic expression and connection. Be a part of fostering deeper connections with the public regarding the importance of artistic practice in the social fabric. In 2024, we are expanding our portfolio to include programming driven to support an art career, foster independent economic sustainability, and professionally navigate the Art Market.
SlipStitch Studio defines its role as the invisible thread, joining the layers of artistic contributions with the greater societal fabric.
Our motto: “Why?” SlipStitch Studio is a contemporary art gallery structured as an SBC (Socially Beneficial S-Corp); it is a self-funded small business, and minority-owned. Profits feed directly into the gallery to support the programming, participating artists, and shared artist/gallery overhead.
Apply now to be part of the next generation of cultural institutions aimed at building a new vision based on collaboration and cooperation!
This is an unpaid opportunity, and we are seeking candidates where this experience would support their college accreditation. All duties are in tandem with the Gallery Director.
General Summary of Responsibilities:
• Preparation of gallery space and installation of artwork
• Preparation of artists’ labels and price lists
• Dismantling exhibitions
• Communication (both written and verbal) with artists
• Assure artist contracts are received timely and are accurate
• Upkeep and organization of artist files (recording sales and return of work)
• Production of price sheets for shows
• Obtaining artists’ statements, typing and reformatting them with our font
• Greeting guests and talking to them about the artwork
• Researching artists
• Other duties as assigned
• Interns are encouraged to help with Installations, Gallery Receptions, and Special Events during their internship.
• Support for exhibits, opening receptions, educational programs, special events, and private rentals.
•Social Media: create monthly schedules, draft and select photos, and manage daily posts and internal media displays.
• Events calendars: create monthly schedule, draft posts and select photos, manage the uploads
• Other duties as assigned
• 10 -20 hours per week during business hours and/or Saturday.
• We offer flexible schedules to coincide with students’ class and/or work schedules.