Meydenbauer Center is looking for an artist to develop a piece of digital art to fill the windows along our storefront that celebrates the beauty and amenities in our community and enhances the appearance of our storefront in anticipation of the Sound Transit Bellevue Downtown Station opening. This piece will have broad community visibility on our storefront across from the Downtown Station and Bellevue City Hall.
• Venue: The work would be displayed along the Meydenbauer Center streetscape on NE 6th
Street directly opposite the Bellevue Downtown Station for the East Link Light Rail. We are
looking for work that would be able to be appreciated from a distance as guests are walking
along the light rail station.
• Project Specification:
– We are looking for a digital piece that will be commercially printed to fill a total of 13
exterior windows across 1,573 linear feet.
– Our goal is to highlight Bellevue’s amenities and natural beauty in an illustrative format.
We would like Meydenbauer Center’s role in the community as a gathering place and
community performing arts center to be featured within the content of the piece in
some way. Some additional areas of inspiration include Meydenbauer Bay, Bellevue
Botanical Gardens, Bellevue’s many parks, Lake Washington and Bellevue Art Museum.
– Please see the attached documents for dimensions for each of the windows, as well as
photos of the space.
• Budget: We have a $7,500 budget for the artwork and will handle the printing expenses
– Request for proposals: February 26, 2024
– Responses due: May 26, 2024
– Review process: May 30 – June 14, 2024
– Award project to artist: June 17, 2024
– Work completed & ready for printing: August 19, 2024
To be considered for this project, please submit the following via email to Sara Waltemire at email@example.com no later than 5pm on May 26, 2024:
– A brief description of your experience, your disciplines and your qualifications, as well as a
high-level description or representation of your concept for this project.
– At least five high-resolution images of three different projects you have completed
– At least two professional references or recommendations letters preferred.
– This project is open to any artist eligible to work in the United State, but Washington State-based
artists are preferred.