Washington State Artist-serving Organizations (by County)
Topic: Artist-serving Organizations & Spaces
Browse Artist Trust’s comprehensive list of artist-serving organizations by county to find resources and support within your community.
Adams County Development Council | Othello, WA
• The Chamber offers advice and help with education, employment, and getting a small business loan.
The Greater Othello Chamber of Commerce | Othello, WA
• The Othello Chamber of Commerce is committed to growing the economy and tourism of the region. They offer networking events and support services for local businesses.
Lewis Clark Valley Chamber of Commerce | Clarkston, WA
• The Chamber offers monthly networking events for small business owners to connect with each other and the chamber.
Lewis and Clark Valley Arts Center | Clarkston, WA
• The Lewis and Clark Valley Arts Center serves artists in the area, offering membership, monthly exhibitions of a current member, and sponsoring art education through classes and workshops.
Confluent Space | Richland, WA
• Confluent Space hosts events, offers classes, makes tools available, and provides spaces to work. Their events and classes cover a variety of art, technology, and other topics.
DrewBoy Creative | Richland, WA
• DrewBoy Creative prioritizes shows and activities that promote art from individuals who are emerging artists, people of diverse and marginalized backgrounds, or artists that challenge the traditional school of thought related to art.
Kennewick Arts Commission | Kennewick, WA
• The Kennewick Arts Commission is committed to funding and supporting public art in the region. They meet once a month at Kennewick City Hall.
Richland Arts Commission | Richland, WA
• The Richland Arts Commission offers monthly workshops and gives out two grants every year to artists who have made an impact on the community.
Gallery At The Park | Richland, WA
• Gallery at the Park has expanded from an artist cooperative to an arts association that offers classes for adults and children, exhibition space, a sales gallery, and a scholarship program for art students.
Cashmere Chamber of Commerce | Cashmere, WA
• The Cashmere Chamber of Commerce offers help to people relocating to Cashmere. Their website features a list of local events and membership to local business owners.
Icicle Creek Center for the Arts | Leavenworth, WA
• Icicle Creek Center for the Arts provides a vast array of classes, workshops, and events for artists and the community. Local artists can also become members of the center.
Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce | Lake Chelan, WA
• The Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce offers membership for local businesses and a calendar of events on their website.
Wenatchee Chamber of Commerce | Wenatchee, WA
• The Wenatchee Chamber of Commerce offers many resources and events to their members. They also feature local events and opportunities on their website.
Olympic Peninsula Art Organization | Sequim, WA
• The Olympic Peninsula Art Organization seeks to serve artists of all disciplines from all parts of the Olympic Peninsula. Currently, every year they run a Student’s Art Exhibit in March, a Juried Art Show & Sale during the Irrigation Festival each May, the art exhibit at the Clallam County Fair in August, and an annual Member’s Art Exhibit in October. They also offer informative programs, demonstrations, and workshops that are open to both members and non-members. A monthly newsletter is published online.
Clark County Arts Commission | Vancouver, WA
• The Clark County Arts Commission works to promote awareness of the arts, expand accessibility to art in public places, and support collaboration among arts patrons, artists, the business community, service groups, and cultural organizations. It also supports local artists and arts groups in their efforts to secure grants and other financing, and celebrate the creative talents and diverse skills of Clark County residents.
Arts of Clark County | Vancouver, WA
• The Arts of Clark County runs a weekend long open studio tour of artists all over the county. This program helps to link local artists with their audiences and build awareness of the local art scene. In 2016, the Arts of Clark County held their first annual Art and Culture Summit, which is a gathering of arts organizations, business leaders, local representatives, artists, and art lovers.
Vancouver Organization for Contemporary Art | Vancouver, WA
• VOCA organizes local art exhibitions, small performances, readings, lectures, and arts seminars.
Ridgefield Art Association | Ridgefield, WA
• The Ridgefield Art Association runs several monthly and annual events for their members and the community. They offer scholarships to students with an art focus, curate rotating monthly exhibitions of their member’s work, an interactive art project every first Saturday, and monthly networking meetings for local artists and members.
Columbian Artists Association | Longview, WA
• Columbian Artists Association has been working with the community to create an innovative means to support and promote the arts.
The Broadway Gallery | Longview, WA
• The Broadway Gallery presents a wide range of media including oils, watercolors, acrylics, mixed media, photographs, decorative and functional pottery, fused glass, prints, wearable art, and jewelry. Member artists staff the gallery which is owned and operated in cooperation with the artist members. They have community events every first Thursday.
Waterville Chamber of Commerce | Waterville, WA
• The Waterville Chamber of Commerce is a group of local businesspeople working together to create greater economic opportunities for the region.
Republic Chamber of Commerce | Republic, WA
• The Republic Chamber of Commerce offers membership and a page where members can display a link to their website. They also have a calendar of events on the site.
Blue Mountain Artisan Guild | Pomeroy, WA
• The Blue Mountain Artisan Guild is dedicated to promoting the arts for children, the handicapped, the elderly, and anyone interested in fine arts. They offer classes and workshops periodically throughout the year and present 6 two month-long shows during the year. Children’s classes are held during the summer.
Pomeroy Chamber of Commerce | Pomeroy, WA
• The Pomeroy Chamber of Commerce encourages and promotes local businesses. Business owners can become members. Their website features a calendar of local events.
Columbia Basin Allied Arts | Moses Lake, WA
• Columbia Basin Allied Arts presents four Premiere performances, three Green Turtle performances, and a poetry reading in collaboration with Moses Lake Museum & Art Center every year. They also run an outreach program that with the help of local sponsors and take two to three live, Green Turtle performances to local schools.
Ephrata Chamber of Commerce | Ephrata, WA
• The Ephrata Chamber of Commerce maintains a community calendar of public events online and in the weekly update. They also sponsor the Basin Summer Sounds music festival, Miracle on Main Street Christmas festival, Ephrata Wine & Art Walk, the Community Yard Sale, Girls’ Day Out, and the BSS Car & Cycle Show.
Grays Harbor Chamber of Commerce | Aberdeen, WA
• The Grays Harbor Chamber of Commerce supports many cultural organizations and events. They also offer resources for small business owners, job seekers, and people looking for housing.
Camano Arts Association | Camano Island, WA
• The Camano Arts Association runs several events and programs that support local artists including Camano Island Studio Tour, Mentorship Program and Scholarship Program. They also hold monthly meetings for members which feature a guest speaker invited to present an art related program at the start of the business meeting.
Hedgebrook | Freeland, WA
• Hedgebrook is open to women writers. They offer residencies, Salons, Master Classes, retreats, and workshops. They are also launching a New Girls Network with other like-minded organizations, to expand their offerings to an even wider community of women writers, and to join the movement for equal voice for women writers.
Whidbey Art Trail | Whidbey Island, WA
• The Whidbey Art Trail is a year round tour of Whidbey Island visual artist’s studios. As a program of the Whidbey Island Arts Council, the Whidbey Art Trail is a non-profit arts organization promoting the arts on scenic Whidbey Island in Puget Sound of Washington.
Whidbey Island Arts Council | Whidbey Island, WA
• The Whidbey Island Arts Council assists local artists and arts organizations by providing advice, financial aid, and sponsorship; and encourages increased community awareness of and support for the arts and culture of Whidbey Island.
Whidbey Island Center for the Arts | Whidbey Island, WA
Whidbey Island Center for the Arts (WICA) rents their facilities for performances and other events. For a list of fees and rental agreement visit their website.
Centrum | Port Townsend, WA
• Centrum offers 2-7 day residential workshops—some very intimate, others serving several hundred participants in myriad forms of music, dance, writing, visual arts, and theater, led by master artists from around the region and world. Often these gatherings feature major festivals and public performances drawing thousands from around the region to McCurdy Pavilion and the Wheeler Theater. Centrum also provides artist residencies and creative gatherings devoted to new work and new ideas.
Dove House | Jefferson County
Each year, the Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Program of Jefferson County helps more than 475 people transition to safer lives. The private nonprofit corporation is Jefferson County’s sole provider of free services to victims of family and sexual violence. DVSAP provides free crisis intervention and advocacy to victims of domestic and sexual violence, while working for the elimination of violence through education and social change. DVSAP provides crisis intervention, emergency food and shelter, medical advocacy, legal advocacy, individual support and counseling, support groups, therapy for child and adult victims, and maintains a 24-hour crisis line.
Northwind Arts Center | Port Townsend, WA
• The Northwind Arts Center exhibits work by northwest regional artists. The primary exhibit space at their Water Street gallery is used for scheduled monthly exhibits, juried or invitational. They also run several community programs for writers, visual artists and songwriters.
Port Townsend Arts Commission | Port Townsend, WA
• The Port Townsend Arts Commission promotes and encourages public programs to further the development and public awareness of and interest in the arts, and to act in an advisory capacity to the city government about the artistic and cultural development of Port Townsend.
Writers’ Workshoppe | Port Townsend, WA
• The Writer’s Workshoppe is a resource place for writers and an eclectic general bookstore. They also offer daily writing workshops, over twelve a week. Some workshops meet on a weekly basis; others are weekend intensives.
Bremerton Arts Commission | Bremerton, WA
• The Bremerton Arts Commission promotes community outreach and education and enhances the City’s public spaces along with maintenance and preservation of public art.
Bainbridge Arts and Crafts | Bainbridge, WA
• Bainbridge Arts and Crafts holds at least one free artist demo or gallery talk every month in addition to hands-on art workshops. They hold student exhibitions twice a year and offer scholarships to local high school seniors. They also run two programs in the community, Art After 60, a program for local seniors, and Art in the Lobby, a therapeutic art program in the Bremerton Hospital.
Bainbridge Island Arts & Humanities Council | Bainbridge Island, WA
Bainbridge Island Arts & Humanities Council offers a wide variety of resources and support to both local artists and organizations enriching the cultural landscape of Bainbridge Island. Resources include: grants from the Arts and Humanities Fund providing financial assistance to individuals and organizations for new or existing projects, programs and events; professional development workshops for artists; competitive cash awards for both young and established artists; Arts Walk featuring visual and performing artists, both established and emerging; sponsorship, on a competitive basis, for public art installations on Bainbridge Island; Exhibition Magazine, welcoming submissions of original art and writing by people who are residents of Bainbridge Island or the north Kitsap Peninsula, or who are connected to or inspired by these locales; an online searchable artists and arts resources database; and an arts opportunities listing.
Bainbridge Performing Arts | Bainbridge Island, WA
• BPA’s mission is to educate, entertain, and encourage youth and adults in the performing arts of theatre, music, and dance. Bainbridge Performing Arts regularly has calls for auditions for actors and musicians.
Cultural Arts Foundation NW | Poulsbo, WA
• The Cultural Arts Foundation NW runs the annual Poulsbo Arts Festival and the Art in the Woods Studio Tour to showcase and market artists in Kitsap County. They also offer a scholarship and grants program that aims to advance the creative talents of artists in all facets of the arts including, but not limited to, music, dance, drama, sculpture and visual arts. These are available to both students and working artists.
Western Art Association | Ellensburg, WA
• Western Art Association offers the Kittitas County Scholarship for students, wishing to further their art-related education and the Thundering Hooves Centennial Sculptures Committee. The Association created and runs the John Clymer Museum of Art.
Gallery One | Ellensburg, WA
• Gallery One offers a variety of quarterly classes, an art after school program for kids, a gift store featuring regional artisans, a full ceramics studio available for classes or private rentals, inexpensive studio spaces for artists and facility rentals for the community. Gallery One also offers memberships; members receive mailings about exhibitions, special events, classes, and a quarterly newsletter in addition to an invitation to the annual membership party.
Maryhill Museum of Art | Goldendale, WA
• The Maryhill Museum of Art runs several annual events for artists and the community in general. They also offer family programs and a space for local students and teachers to exhibit their work.
ARTrails | Lewis County, WA
• ARTrails’ studio tours provide the public the opportunity to meet artists in their studio/workplace and to observe techniques of work in progress. ARTrails also seeks opportunities to promote the arts and the work of member artists through exhibits, workshops, and educational programs in coordination with area businesses, schools, and organizations.
Central Glass Works | Centralia, WA
• Central GlassWorks is a locally owned and operated glassblowing studio and art gallery. They also offer classes and produce events.
Rectangle Gallery & Creative Space | Centralia, WA
• The Rectangle Gallery & Creative Space offers classes, book clubs, and space for other non-visual arts. They also offer workshops on the business of making art.
Harrington Chamber of Commerce | Harrington, WA
• The Harrington Chamber of Commerce has pages that lists local services, schools, businesses, and organizations. They also keep a calendar of local events on their website.
Odessa Chamber of Commerce | Odessa, WA
• The Odessa Chamber of Commerce holds monthly meetings for their members. Their website features a calendar of events, a list of clubs, and information about local real estate.
Wilbur Chamber of Commerce | Wilbur, WA
• The Wilbur Chamber of Commerce supports community events and lists local businesses on their website.
Shelton-Mason County Chamber of Commerce | Shelton, WA
• The Shelton-Mason County Chamber of Commerce sponsors several local events and monthly meetings for members. Their website has a business directory and calendar of local events.
Methow Arts | Twisp, WA
• Methow Arts partners with Okanogan-area schools and other partners to bring quality arts programs to students. They also market the arts, artists, and arts organizations in the Methow Valley. Methow Arts manages the monthly E-NEWS and quarterly printed Methow Valley Arts magazine. They also present performances, events, and public art.
Merc Playhouse | Twisp, WA
• Air conditioned in summer and cozy warm in winter, the Merc seats 150, and no seat is farther than twenty feet from downstage center. Appreciated for its marvelous acoustics and intimacy, the Merc is a popular venue for a broad spectrum of theatrical and musical performers, as well as music, lectures, and other performances. Rental rates and information are posted on their website.
Confluence Gallery & Art Center | Twisp, WA
• Confluence Gallery & Art Center hosts lectures, world music, as well as education and professional development opportunities for artists. During the year, they present six group and individual exhibits a year, each showcasing the work of local, regional, and national artists.
Twispworks | Twisp, WA
• Twispworks serves local non-profits, artists, craftspeople, art-lovers, and the community at large. They manage an investment network, offer youth programs, classes, and open studio time for adults.
South Pacific Community Foundation | Nahcotta, WA
• The South Pacific Community Foundation offers resources and grants to local non-profits.
Peninsula Arts Association | Ocean Park, WA
• The Peninsula Arts Association offers a membership, art shows, poster contests, scholarships, studio tours, and an event calendar.
Create Art Center | Newport, WA
• The Create Art Center offers many different classes for both children and adults. They also produce events, poetry readings, and lectures.
Pend Oreille Players Association | Pend Oreille, WA
• The Pend Oreille Players Association produces plays and musicals for all ages, hold summer drama day camps, and offer workshops for teens and adults covering several aspects of theatre. POPA also holds an annual One Act Play Festival and a New Play Workshop for new, unpublished works, and the Playhouse is home to a monthly Open Mic Event as well concerts by local and non-local artists.
Feast Arts Center | Tacoma, WA
• Feast Arts Center offers a variety of youth and adult art classes, community events, and lecture series. The Gallery at Feast strives to highlight the very best in contemporary and conceptual artwork.
Lakewood Arts Commission | Lakewood
• The Lakewood Arts Commission is committed to promoting the performing, visual, and literary arts, through exhibitions, public art recommendations, and community building events.
Spaceworks Tacoma | Tacoma, WA
• Spaceworks Tacoma is committed to supporting creative entrepreneurs and artists. They offer several events and programs that support that their work.
Tacoma Arts Commission | Tacoma, WA
• The Tacoma Arts Commission allocates grants to both large art organizations and smaller ones. They also commission public art installations for the city.
WorkingArtists.org | Tacoma, WA
• Working Artist Org. is a privately run charitable organization, interested exclusively in the support and promotion of great art and artists. We make a very modest profit in direct correlation to how much we ourselves are able to contribute to you. We can’t thank you enough for your participation. They have a $10,000 Working Artist Grant that they award.
Art Smith | Orcas Island, WA
• Art Smith offers a week-long artist residency.
Friday Harbor Arts Commission | Friday Harbor, WA
• The Friday Harbor Arts Commission makes the arts more accessible to the Friday Harbor community through the installation of public art and by promoting events that involve visual, performing, or literary arts.
Lopez Center for the Community and the Arts | Lopez Island, WA
• The Lopez Center offers many events and performances to the community which show case local artists and a variety of disciplines.
Orcas Island Community Foundation | Orcas Island, WA
• The Orcas Island Community Foundation offers resources to non-profits, including annual grants, professional workshops, and networking opportunities.
Dakota Art Center | Mount Vernon, WA
• The Dakota Art Center offers many workshops designed to educate and inspire visual artists.
Skagit Artists Together | Skagit County, WA
• Skagit Artists Together promotes the arts of Skagit County through several annual events, including juried shows, studio tours, collective public art, and exhibitions.
Gorge Artists | Skamania County, WA
• The Gorge Artists coordinates a yearly tour of artist studios. Local artists can apply to become part of the community of artisans.
Skamania County Chamber of Commerce | Skamania, WA
• The Skamania Chamber of Commerce offers a page of links to cultural institutions and the opportunity to become a member.
ArtWorks Edmonds | Edmonds, WA
• ArtWorks has a space in downtown Edmonds which provides ongoing classes, art shows, exhibits, and art sales as well as resources and networking for artists.
City of Edmonds Arts Commission | Edmonds, WA
• The Edmonds Arts Commission (EAC) uses creative programs and partnerships, EAC fosters involvement in the literary, visual and performing arts, highlighting Edmonds’ as a cultural destination and its rich artistic resources. These programs include a nationally known writers’ conference, summer concerts in the park, rotating visual art exhibits, and an outstanding public art collection featuring Northwest artists.
Mulkiteo Arts Guild | Mulkiteo, WA
• The Mukilteo Arts Guild was established to offer art to everyone by championing, developing and creating cultural events that enrich people’s lives. The guild produces several annual programs and arts events including, art festivals, a holiday art market, literature, and music festivals.
Sky Valley Arts Council | Sultan, WA
• The Sky Valley Arts Council offers memberships and runs several programs a month for local artists and community members. Their website offers a page of opportunities for local artists.
Snohomish Artist Guild | Everett, WA
• The Snohomish Artist Guild (SAG) is dedicated to provide opportunities for musicians and stage entertainers to present their music and theater works. SAG assists the music community by presenting events, offering fund development assistance, and supply state-of-the-art audio & portable stages.
Snohomish County Arts Commission | Edmonds, WA
• The Snohomish County Arts Commission’s website lists local jobs for artists. It also produces several arts events a year, manages a rotating gallery, and commissions public art works.
Stanwood-Camano Arts Guild | Stanwood, WA
• The Stanwood-Camano Arts Guild is an association of artists and art enthusiasts in Stanwood and Camano Island, Washington, sharing ideas, resources, and energy. They produce three major art events during the year and run a cooperative gallery.
Hatch: Creative Business Incubator | Spokane, WA
• Hatch offers creative space for artists of all disciplines, networking and community building events, studio tours, classes and workshops, and monthly group art shows.
Laboratory Spokane | Spokane, WA
• Laboratory is committed to supporting provide space for the interactive art of the Spokane region. They provide their members with a network of other interactive artists and access to installation space, tools, mentorship, and artist residencies that span 1-3 months.
Mystik Dream Dance Company | Spokane, WA
• The Mystik Dream Dance Company is a dance troupe dedicated to promoting the ancient art of bellydance. Founded in 2001, we are now based in Spokane, Washington, where we teach and perform this beautiful art form. Please browse our website to learn more about us!
Northwest Native Development Fund | Spokane, WA
• The Northwest Native Development Fund seeks to foster economic and financial independence for Native people by assisting in the development of personal assets through financial and entrepreneurial education as well as providing access to capital through creative lending products.
Spokane Arts | Spokane, WA
• Spokane Arts runs four rounds of grant cycles each year for local artists, arts service organizations, community-based art programs, and culture and heritage groups. They also run biennial group exhibitions of local art students at Chase Gallery. Additionally, they run a month-long program of events, exhibitions, workshops in collaboration with local artists, arts organizations, and art businesses once a year to celebrate the rich creative culture in Spokane.
Spokane Arts School | Spokane, WA
• Spokane Arts School offers classes across a variety of disciplines. Through their ArtReach program, they connect artists with classrooms, community groups, or companies who are looking for fun and creative workshops. Their website lists local opportunities and events for artists and art lovers.
Spark Central | Spokane, WA
• Spark Central offers creative space and innovative technologies to people of all ages and income levels. They run programs that center on coding, storytelling, comic art, science, and music. The Spark Central website features a page of creative and innovative events and workshops in the community.
Spokane Valley Arts Council | Spokane, WA
• The Spokane Valley Arts Council produces an annual Artist Showcase Art Auction that showcases local artists and their work. The Council also offers four scholarships to young artists who are enrolled in their senior year of high school. They work with local businesses and artists to offer art-related programs and cultural activities to the Spokane region.
Spokane WAM – Women + Art + Media | Spokane, WA
• WAM works to create a space and opportunity for an inclusive culture in which women have access to tools, opportunity, and creative exchange. To this end, WAM runs a program, ALTlens, which gives access to equipment necessary for film production and connects artists with resources and mentors to expand their skills.
Urban Art Co-op | Spokane, WA
• The Urban Art Co-op is a community of ceramic artists, who support each other, share techniques, and help each other grow artistically.
Chewelah Chamber of Commerce | Chewelah, WA
• The Chewelah Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary nonprofit organization focused on growing their community through healthy businesses, positive people, promoting communication and education, and providing and sharing information to members and visitors.
Colville Chamber of Commerce | Colville, WA
• The Coleville Chamber of Commerce holds several Chamber luncheons and networking events a month for members and the community. Their website has a business directory, information about relocating to Colville, a calendar of events, and resources for business development.
Hunters Chamber of Commerce | Hunters, WA
• The Hunters Chamber of Commerce lists local events and activities on their website, as well as a business directory.
Kettle Falls Chamber of Commerce | Kettle Falls, WA
• The Kettle Falls Chamber of Commerce promotes local businesses and economic development. Their website features a page of local businesses and events.
Greater Springdale Chamber of Commerce | Springdale
• The Greater Springdale Chamber of Commerce has a very extensive website that offers many tools for individuals planning to start a business in the area. They also have a business directory, lists of local events, organizations, groups, and services.
Northport Chamber of Commerce | Northport, WA
• The Northport Chamber of Commerce offers membership to community members. Their website presents a local business directory, event calendar, and page of resources.
Arts Olympia | Olympia, WA
• Arts Olympia is an organization of working artists who offer a community of fellow artists who meet and network once a month. Members also have the chance to exhibit their work or professional websites on Arts Olympia’s site.
Washington State Arts Commission (WSAC) | Olympia, WA
Washington State Arts Commission (WSAC) cultivates an environment for creative expression through supporting artists in a variety of ways, including: a competitively based Art in Public Places Public Artist Roster, a roster of professional artists eligible for one half of one percent-for-art projects; The Community Arts Development program provides opportunities and information about arts management to arts organizations and artists, so that they, in turn, can most effectively bring the arts to the public including workshops for artists and nonprofits in professional practices and business; Professional Development Assistance Program provides grants to allow artists and arts organizations to develop through attendance at workshops, conferences or other learning opportunities; resource and directory links; the WSAC Apprenticeship Program, where master artists in traditional arts are given stipends to instruct students of their choosing; Fellowship Awards, which are unrestricted awards to recognize outstanding traditional artists for their contributions to their culture and community; internships and work study positions.
City of Olympia Arts Commission | Olympia, WA
• The Commission supports local artists through networking, skill development, events, and public art opportunities.
Longhouse Education and Cultural Center | Olympia, WA
• The Longhouse is dedicated to supporting Native Art and Artists. They run an artist-in-residence program for both visual and performance-based artists. Additionally, they run a grant program and art business training programs for Native artists. The Cultural Center works to help educate the public about Indigenous arts and cultures through exhibitions, public forums, films and publications.
Olympia Arts League | Olympia, WA
• The League sponsors a variety of art-related activities for artists of all levels of ability. This includes an annual juried art show, members’ art show, networking, and community building events and opportunities to show your work in local businesses. The organization’s 100+ members are an active and vibrant group of artists and art lovers.
Wahkiakum Chamber of Commerce | Cathlamet, WA
• The Wahkiakum Chamber of Commerce provides resources for community development in Wakiakum County. This includes assistance with starting a new business in the county or expanding an established business through business and marketing plan development, access to capital, tax assistance, and educational programs.
ArtWalla | Walla Walla, WA
• ArtWalla provides artists in Walla Walla with a list of resources for a variety of artistic disciplines. They sponsor and assist with the installment of public art around downtown Walla Walla.
Allied Arts of Whatcom County | Bellingham, WA
• Allied Arts of Whatcom County is dedicated to empowering local artists through organized festivals and events, educational outreach programs for school children, fiscal sponsorship, advocacy, and a children’s art walk.
Bellingham Arts Commission | Bellingham, WA
• The Bellingham Arts Commission offers a membership for artists and monthly meetings. They work to support events and programs that enrich the culture and arts of Bellingham.
Make.Shift Arts Space | Bellingham, WA
• Make.Shift Arts Space is a multi-disciplinary creative hive. It includes studio space for artists and musicians, performance space for concerts open to all ages, monthly art walks, and home to a low power community radio station, KZAX 94.9FM.
Jansen Art Center | Lynden, WA
• The Jansen Art Center is a multi-disciplinary creative space housed in the old Lynden Town Hall and Fire Hall. It includes a café, a gallery, two dance studios, a ceramics studio, multi-purpose studio, a jewelry studio, a painting studio, a weaving studio, a large music chamber, and three music practice rooms. The Jansen Art Center hosts a variety of classes and workshops for artists and community members.
Artisans at the Dahmen Barn | Pullman, WA
• The Dahmen Barn has a unique art facility with programs that inspire, enrich and engage the community in the visual, performing, and culinary arts. This space includes an art gallery, studios, workshops and classes, concerts, and special events.
The Bank Left Gallery | Palouse, WA
• The Bank Left Gallery is a regional art gallery located on the river in Palouse. Their gallery highlights the work of a local artist every month. They also house a French Bistro and Tea Room that can be used for community gatherings and special events.
Mighty Tieton | Tieton, WA
• Mighty Tieton is an artisan business incubator located in central Washington. They connect creative entrepreneurs with local resources in an effort to help creative small businesses thrive in Yakima County.
Tieton Arts & Humanities | Tieton, WA
• Tieton Arts and Humanities is a nonprofit that creates and implements artistic and cultural programs in Tieton, providing sustainable opportunities for local and regional engagement and celebration. These programs include mosaic mural projects, LiTFUSE (a weekend long poetry workshop), student exhibitions, and art programs for youth.
Yakima Maker Space | Yakima, WA
• Yakima Maker Space started with the goal of galvanizing Yakima’s creative potential with a shop where you could make almost anything. Since 2013, they have hosted dozens of events from brainstorming sessions, to Maker Faires, to Build-Your-Own Tool workshops. They host and welcome creative thinkers, artists, craftsmen, entrepreneurs, and nerds of all kinds.
• Artist Trust supports artists all over the state of Washington through art business programs, discussion panels, workshops, networking events and grants. Their website is also a resource for opportunities and events in the arts all over Washington.
• Humanities Washington holds events and programs led by cultural experts, scholars, and storytellers, who discuss everything from Washington State history to philosophy to current social issues. They also support and partner with a wide network of communities, organizations, and individuals across the state. Their website also offers a calendar of events and a blog.
• ArtsWA is the Washington State Arts Commission and is a government agency that was established in 1961. ArtsWA seeks to strengthen the arts education, build leadership within the arts and build participation. ArtsWA offers programs for art in public places, arts in education, grants, poetry readings, Governor’s Arts and Heritage Awards, and other special projects.
Washington State Arts Alliance
• Washington State Arts Alliance, the statewide arts advocacy organization, works to promote public funding, legislation, and policy favorable to the arts. A dedicated board runs the Arts Alliance, and works with arts advocates around the state. They offer memberships, volunteer opportunities, and an events calendar.
• Arts Northwest holds a multiple day conference annually. The conference has workshops and lectures for artists working in the NW, especially performing artists. Their website also features a page on opportunities for performing artists in the NW region.
Native Arts and Culture Foundation
• The Native Arts and Culture Foundation offers financial support to Native artists and also funds mentor artists who have the ability to share their traditional knowledge, cultural practices and artistic traditions with younger generations.