2018 Grants for Artist Projects Support Programs
Published: April 27, 2018
Categories: Grants & Fellowships
Artist Trust offers statewide support programs for artists applying for the 2018 Grants for Artist Projects (GAP) Award. These programs include a preliminary application review, office hours, resources, webinar, and workshops. The GAP application opens on May 21 but you can get a head start by reviewing the 2018 GAP Guidelines. The guidelines cover what you need to include in your application, eligibility requirements, and other important information.
Preliminary Application Review: submit a draft of your application through Submittable by June 4 and request for a preliminary review. Our Program staff will review your application and provide detailed feedback by June 15, 2018. Your application will be opened for you to make any edits. Your final application must be resubmitted by the final deadline of June 25.
Office Hours: free one-on-one consultations with our staff, provided in-person or over the phone. To make an appointment, click on the date, select your preferred time slot, and submit your registration information.
• May 17, 2018, 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Alma Mater / Tacoma
• May 29, 2018, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Appointments By Phone (This phone-based Office Hours is exclusively for artists living outside of King County)
• June 1, 2018, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Artist Trust / Seattle
• June 6, 2018, 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Spokane Public Library / Spokane
• June 12, 2018, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Artist Trust / Seattle
Resources: download and review the 2018 GAP Reference Guide, which contains examples of successful grant applications.
Webinar: watch a free webinar about the 2018 GAP application process.
• Applying for a 2018 GAP: May 30, 2018, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM. Register here.
Workshops: AT offers workshops on topics related to grantwriting and the business aspects of your career. Workshops that may help you in preparing your GAP application are below, a full list of our workshops are listed at artisttrust.org. To sign up for a workshop, click on the title of the workshop that you are interested in.
• How to Apply for an Artist Grant / Tacoma: May 5, 2018, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM, Tacoma Public Library, featuring local artists Jasmine Brown, RYAN! Feddersen, Melinda Raebyne, and Jason Skipper
• Artists Biographies and Resumes / Bellingham: May 12, 2018, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Allied Arts of Whatcom County
• How to Apply for an Artist Grant / Spokane: May 12, 2018, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Community Building / Saranac, in collaboration with Spokane Arts
• How to Apply for an Artist Grant / Auburn: May 16, 2018, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Auburn Community and Event Center
• How to Apply for an Artist Grant / Ellensburg: May 19, 2018, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM, Gallery-One, featuring local artist Renee Adams
• Photographing Your Artwork / Spokane: May 20, 2018, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Spark Central, led by local artists Jenny Hyde and Laree Weaver
• How to Apply for an Artist Grant / Kirkland: May 22, 2018, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Kirkland Arts Center